Disability Denial in Markham
Disability can strike anyone, at any time.
If you are like most of our clients, knowing that you are able to support yourself and your family is important. The effects of a serious injury or illness on your daily life, family, ability to work and self-esteem may be devastating.
When you become disabled, your insurance company is supposed to step in to help you. Although disability benefits cannot bring back the life you had before, they may help you to retain some independence by providing money for therapy, personal care, transportation and other needs.
When that safety net is not there, the results are devastating.
Our office can help you. We will examine your policy to see what you are entitled to and guide you through the application process, making sure that your benefits are not delayed or denied.
Our lawyer for disability benefits will answer your questions about:
- Coverage: Your disability may be covered by a private policy, Workplace Safety Insurance or the Canada Pension Plan.
- Short-term and long-term disability: Many of our clients are unclear on what kinds of benefits are available under their policies, and when.
- Meaning of Disabled: It can be hard to understand what your policy means by "disabled" and whether your disability applies to your job.
- Wrongful dismissals: Disability may cause you to lose your job. We will help you understand your rights as a disabled worker, and enforce them.
- Denials: Whether you have been rejected for medical or other reasons, we can go through your insurance company's appeals process, and if unsuccessful, we will put in a claim and go through mediation, negotiating for a fair settlement. If necessary, we can represent you in court.
Many clients force themselves to go back to work because their insurance company has told them that they are not truly disabled, or that because of a pre-medical injury, they don't qualify for benefits. Some delay applying for disability until it's too late, because their employers have told them they will pay for their time off on an informal basis.
Let us help you avoid that. You have suffered enough.
If you have become disabled due to injury or illness, call us at 416-850-0094 to set up an appointment, or send us an email. Our specialist lawyers are here to help.