We represent private individuals and businesses in a variety of disputes ranging from contract disputes, debt recovery cases, personal injury claims and professional negligence suits, real property litigation, wrongful dismissal and other employment-related actions, civil fraud claims, mortgage enforcement actions, construction lien litigation, and commercial and residential tenancy litigation.
Our lawyers recognize that our clients require fast, efficient and cost-effective service in resolving their disputes. Our civil litigation practice group has the resources and expertise to represent our clients.
We litigate matters at first instance, in addition to pursuing and defending appeals of lower court and tribunal decisions. For this reason, other lawyers and paralegals frequently refer their clients to us to handle their clients’ appeals. They trust us with their clients and know that their clients will receive excellent, cost-effective service.
We regularly appear before a variety of courts and tribunals, including the Landlord and Tenant Board, the Human Rights Tribunal of Ontario, the Small Claims Court, the Ontario Court of Justice, the Superior Court of Justice, the Divisional Court and the Court of Appeal for Ontario.
Working It Out
At Niroomand Law, we can help you get through your dispute without spending a lot of money or time in court. As a person who is not directly involved in the dispute, our litigation lawyer can help find ways of resolving your disagreement that you may not have thought of.
Our process is simple:
- Initial interview: We will get the details of your situation, asking relevant legal and factual questions and finding out what has been done so far. We will also determine what it is that you want from the other side — whether it's money, performance of a contract, or another form of resolution.
- Negotiation: We will reach out to the other side to see if there is a way of resolving your difficulty informally, trying to find out what it is that they want. Sometimes it's enough to simply get lawyers involved in order to get productive dialogue going.
- Mediation: A trained mediator can work as a go-between to get both sides to create a solution together, with lawyers present to ensure that their clients' interests are protected.
- Litigation: There are many courts in Ontario for different disputes, including Small Claims Court. Our lawyer is comfortable in all of them and has a history of success in court. Although court can be expensive and time-consuming, for some problems, it is the only solution. You can trust us to use court as efficiently as possible.
Our Practice is here to help
- Family Disbutes
- Contract Disputes
- Disability Claims
- Slip and Fall Claims
- Discrimination and Human Rights
- Insurance Litigation
- Insurance Coverage Disputes
- Commercial Disputes and Litigation
- Shareholder Disputes
- Officer and Director Liability
- Judgment and Debt Enforcement
- Professional Negligence
- Real Estate Litigation
- Mortgage Disputes
- Civil Litigation
- Tribunal Hearings